Articles that may be of interest…
- Strategy guides from ReadWriteThink
- Children’s book choices – Children’s Choices pdf
- Connecting words and images can deepen comprehension undefined even when the images are in your head.
Pick a read-aloud with lots of great imagery. Before you start reading, tell the class to close their eyes and imagine they’re at the movies watching the story on screen. Stop after two or three pages and ask a few kids to describe their Mind Movies.
Repeat this a few times as you progress through the story. Then show the class the pictures in the book. Ask, “Are all the things you’re seeing in your movies really in the book? Do they look the same as the pictures? Why or why not?” – Kindergarten pdf
- Responding and Comprehending: Reading with Delight and Understanding – Responding pdf
- Fair Assessment – A look at a new assessment – Fair Assessment pdf
- Do you have questions about Common Core? Visit DefiningTheCore.com for some comprehensive resources that may be helpful to you.
- Have you visited the IRA website recently? ReadingOnline.org
- Florida Reading Association website – FLReads.org
- Have you visited us on Facebook? Come “Like” our page to keep updated on current events – facebook.com/SarasotaReadingCouncil
- Through the Looking Glass Children’s Book Reviews – LookingGlassReview.com